Contrary to popular belief, creativity is not a talent given to a select few. It is a process and a set of learn-able skills. Creative thinking often starts with different thinking. There are ways you can purposefully open your mind to a new perspective to see if it changes the way you think about and approach composition in photography. Hence in the world of intermediate photography, the power of imagination brings the difference between photographers. Equipment used might be similar, however thoughts on creation of the picture in similar condition by different photographers will bring forth different creative results. Creative expertise is all about combining modern theory with relevant functional abilities. Our program is specifically designed to the critical thinking process, visual literacy in comprehending images and their final implementations. Basically it equips amateur learner aesthetically, mechanically and professionally for a future in photography.
Video and audio works hand in hand to bring the best in videography, but how about photography? Unlike videography, photographers do not have the advantage of using audio effects to enhance the overall ambiance of a picture, so photographers have to be extremely sensitive to their surroundings, even to the smallest and slightest details, to bring forth the “emotion” of a picture. This is what Pictorial 4 Sessions Intermediate Photography Course, Creativity 101 is all about.
To create an aspiring picture requires your power of imagination, eye for photography even to the slightest details, continuous practice, your knowledge in camera functions, photography know-how. No amount of words can compete with the power of a creatively taken picture and no photographer can capture a picture without using their imagination.
Covering some of the most popular location in Singapore for photography, our 4 Sessions Intermediate Photography Course will equip you with landscape, indoor, street/travel & advanced composition techniques with full hands on experiences in practical, at the most popular photography locations in Singapore.
After completing our 4 Sessions Intermediate Photography Course, Creativity 101, be sure that you will be able to create pictures that will impress your friends or family.
Join Pictorial’s Founder Keith on a exclusive photography journey with 4 Sessions Intermediate Photography Course, Creativity 101 at Chinatown, Buddha Tooth Temple, Pulau Ubin Island & Haw Par Villa.
Street/Travel Photography (Practical)
- Develop a street photographer’s eye and learn how to spot a photo opportunity in an everyday street scene
- Learn the technical aspects of street photography; Lens, Camera , Settings, Composition & Exposure
- Learn how manual (zone) focusing can make you more effective as a street photographer
- Using black & white effectively in street style
- Introduction to Blind Shooting
- Understand the elements of creating a great street image
Indoor Photography (Practical)
- Understand the required settings in low light photography
- Choosing the correct metering modes for indoor situation
- Further understanding in White Balance Control
- Choosing the optimal color tone in indoor situation
- Lower aperture vs higher aperture results in indoor
- Balancing harsh lighting using your camera features
- Getting creative leveraging on harsh lighting environment
- Important elements of creating a creative styled black & white picture
- When underexposing a picture is preferred
- Importance of symmetry balancing in indoor situation
Landscape Photography (Practical)
- Foreground, subject & background
- Using High Dynamic Range (HDR)
- Landscape framing understanding
- Color controls in landscape
- Optimal Shutter/Aperture/ISO/WB settings for landscape
- Introduction to ND/ND Grad & Polarisers
Advanced Composition (Practical)
- Handling camera settings in low light situations
- Foreground Interest and Depth
- Frame Within the Frame
- Patterns and Textures
- Choosing between fill the frame or negative space
- Using the best in-camera metering options for indoor situations
- Leveraging on harsh lighting to produce interesting photography results