Basic Photography Course For Beginners
Mastering The Fundamentals
Basic Photography Course Introduction
We have guided the basics of photography to beginners around the world for years in our Basic Photography Course, Photography 101, so we know just exactly how difficult it can be to learn the basic principles of photography for beginners. Our goal is to make this course the absolute simplest way to learn the basics of photography in the shortest amount of time possible. Register now to build a good photography foundation within our outdoor practical field trips, and a night photography session. Suitable for beginners in photography and new camera owners.
Good photography is not always about the equipment. Rather, it’s about seeing something, knowing how you want it to look, and producing it in the final artwork. Making it and seeing it in the first place is what makes a photographer. The power of observation is everything. You may call it seeing, vision or imagination but it all comes down to the same thing; the ability to envision a final result in your mind’s eye, and then to make it so with the photography rules at hand.
Join our Basic Photography Course, Photography 101 for beginners now, and develop your basic photography skills with our photography mentors who have guided thousands of beginners in our photography course conducted at Singapore Botanic Gardens, Fort Canning Park & Boat Quay.
Looking for a longer course? Check out our 10 Sessions Complete Photography Course, “Journeyman”. Which includes a bonus re-visit session.
Pictures are created with the photographer’s intention; they should not be purely an end product of editing software. Ever since Pictorial started guiding beginners in our basic photography course, we have deliberately disallowed our participants from using any image-processing software. Understanding photography techniques via the full manual level of control and not P/A/S modes, camera systems, and lenses, correct usage of filters & understanding the nature of lighting should be foundations of learning basic photography.
We live in a digital age where even our mobile phones can perform simple photography editing tasks, with post-processing software eliminating the need for proper photography techniques. We believe that there is greater satisfaction in learning proper photography techniques using a holistic approach towards learning with our basic photography course, rather than simply relying on any editing software.
Basic Photography Course Outline
Indoor @ Singapore Botanic Garden (Theory)
- Learning Photography, The Correct Approach
- What Photography is All About
- The De-Facto Standard In Photography
- Latest Trend In Photography Equipments
- Differences Between Different Types Of Cameras
- Understanding The Essential Functions Of The Camera
- What Different Lenses Mean
- Basic Compositions Techniques
SG Botanic Garden (Practical I)
- Optimizing Your Camera Settings For Instant Better Results
- Familiarize Common Controls In Camera.
- Applying The Correct Focal Length For Different Subjects
- The Better Way To Control Exposure Of A Picture
- How To Focus Correctly.
- Applying Common Photography Rules For Better Pictures
- Using Depth Of Field To Achieve A Dimensional Picture
- The Difference Of Shooting A Photo vs Creating A Picture
Fort Canning Park (Practical II)
- Purposes Of Landscape vs Portrait Orientation
- Black & White vs Color Settings
- Exploring Fill The Frame vs Negative Space
- Further Understanding Of Focal Length Control
- Identifying Reference Line, And Its Purposes In Photography
- What Perspective Is In Photography?
Boat Quay (Night Photography)
- Tripod & Its Correct Application
- Approaching Night Portrait Photography
- Stops Of Light In Photography
- Using Flash & Its Purposes In Night Photography
- Applying Creative Control In Night Landscape
- Q & A