4 Sessions Basic Photography Course
What Matters Is A Good Foundation
We have guided the basics of photography to beginners around the world for years in our 4 Sessions Basic Photography Course, Photography 101, so we know just exactly how difficult it can be to learn the basics principles of photography for beginners. Our goal is to make this course the absolute simplest way to learn the basics of photography in the shortest amount of time possible. Register now to build a good photography foundation within our outdoor practical field trips, and night photography sessions. Suitable for beginners in photography and new camera owners.
Pictures are created by the photographer’s intention; it should not be purely an end product of editing software. Ever since Pictorial started guiding beginners in our basic photography course, we have deliberately disallowed our participants from using any image-processing software. Understanding photography techniques via the full manual level of control and not P/A/S modes, camera systems, and lenses, correct usage of filters & understanding the nature of lighting should be foundations of learning basic photography.
We live in a digital age where even our mobile phones can perform simple photography editing tasks, with post-processing software eliminating the need for proper photography techniques. We believe that there is greater satisfaction in learning proper photography techniques using a holistic approach towards learning, rather than simply relying on software.
Good photography is not always about the equipment. Rather, it’s about seeing something, knowing how you want it to look, and producing it in the final artwork. Making it and seeing it in the first place is what makes a photographer. The power of observation is everything. You may call it seeing, vision or imagination but it all comes down to the same thing; the ability to envision a final result in your mind’s eye, and then to make it so with the tools at hand.
Join our 4 Sessions Basic Photography Course, Photography 101 now, and develop your basic photography skills with our Mentors who have guided thousands of beginners like you in our photography course conducted at Singapore Botanic Gardens, Fort Canning Park & Boat Quay.
Want to enjoy a complete basic photography experience? Check out our 8 Sessions Complete Course, Journeyman.
Zoom Online (Theory)
- Introduction To Photography
- A Brief History Of Photography
- Best Learning Methodology
- Latest Technology In Photography
- Differences between DSLR/DSLT and Mirrorless Cameras
- The “Best” Camera, Recommended Equipment
- Understanding Light Control
- Lenses & Their Applications
- Full Frame Vs Crop Sensor
- Understanding Photography Jargon (E.g ISO, Shutter, Aperture)
- Basic Compositions Techniques
- Proper Maintaineace Of Camera Equipment
Singapore Botanic Garden (Outdoor Practical I)
- Optimizing Camera Settings
- Getting Out Of Auto Mode
- Familiarize Common Controls In Camera.
- Using Full Manual Focus.
- Using AF Points & focusing techniques.
- Exposing Pictures Correctly.
- Applying Compositions & Framing Techniques
- Depth Of Field Control
- Learning Ideas Leading to Better Photography
- Using Shutter Control For Amazing Photographic Results
Fort Canning Park (Outdoor Practical II)
- Using Black & White Photography To Complement Pictures.
- Understanding The Correct Focal Length (Zoom Range) For Better Results
- Identifying Reference Lines & Creating Rules of Triangles in Pictures
- Understanding Perspective In Angles.
- Tips & Guides to Help You Grow.
Boat Quay (Outdoor Practical III)
- Assessment Of Covered Photography Rules
- Understanding & Calculation Of Light Stops
- Flash Control & Correct Application
- Night Portrait Demo
- High ISO Demo
- Uncover Creativity In Night Landscapes
- Q & A