We have guided the basics of photography for beginners around the world for the past 20 years in our 4 Sessions Standard Basic Photography Course, Photography 101, so we know just exactly how difficult it can be to learn the basics principles of photography for beginners. Our goal is to make this course the absolute simplest way to learn the basics of photography in the shortest amount of time possible. Register now to build a good photography foundation and be mentored by Keith, Founder of Pictorial on practical field trips and a night photography session. Suitable for beginners in photography and new camera owners.
Pictures are created by the photographer’s intention; it should not be purely an end product of an editing software. Ever since Pictorial started guiding beginners in our basic photography course, we have deliberately disallowed our participants from using any image-processing software. Understanding photography techniques via full manual level of control and not P/A/S modes, camera systems and lenses, correct usage of filters & understanding nature of lighting should be foundations of learning basic photography.
We live in a digital age where even our mobile phones can perform simple photography editing tasks, with post-processing software eliminating the need for proper photography techniques. We believe that there is a greater satisfaction in learning proper photography techniques using a holistic approach towards learning, rather than simply relying on software.
Good photography is not always about the equipment. Rather, it’s about seeing something, knowing how you want it to look, and producing it in a final art work. Making it and seeing it in the first place are what makes a photographer. The power of observation is everything. You may call it seeing, vision or imagination but it all comes down to the same thing; the ability to envision a final result in your mind’s eye, and then to make it so with the tools at hand.
Join our 4 Sessions Standard Basic Photography Course, Photography 101 now and develop your basic photography skills with Keith, Founder of Pictorial whom have guided thousands of beginners like you in our photography course conducted at Singapore Botanic Gardens, Fort Canning Park & Boat Quay.
Photography 101 (Theory)
- Understanding Photography
- Latest technology in photography
- Understanding your camera
- Understanding the essentials of light control
- Choosing the correct camera or lenses
- Differences between DSLR/DSLT and Mirrorless Cameras.
- Determining which camera for yourself
- Knowing sensor sizes
- Understanding Photography Jargon (E.g ISO, Shutter, Aperture)
- Basic compositions techniques
- Types of lenses
- Flash Usage
- Different metering modes usage
- 5 Tips to Get Better Pictures
- Camera Equipment Maintenance
Photography 101 (Practical I)
- Optimizing Your Camera Settings
- Getting Out Of Auto Mode
- Warm Up To Your Camera.
- Using Full Manual Focus.
- Using AF Points & focusing techniques.
- Exposing Pictures Correctly.
- Applying Compositions & Framing Techniques
- Depth Of Field Control
- Learning Ideas Leading to Better Photography
- Using Shutter Control For Amazing Photographic Results
Photography 101 (Practical II)
- Using Black & White Photography To Complement Pictures.
- Understanding The Correct Focal Length (Zoom Range) For Better Results
- Identifying Reference Lines & Creating Rules of Triangles in Pictures
- Understanding Perspective In Angles.
- Tips & Guides to Help You Grow.
Night Session (Practical III)
- Introduction to a good tripod
- Overcome back-light situation.
- Shooting night landscape.
- Shooting night portrait.
- Creating a properly exposed picture.
- Controlling your internal/external flash.
- Optimum shutter & aperture for low light.
- Correcting color cast using white balance.
- Using high ISO.
- Light calculations.