Our Intermediate Photography Course is specifically designed to strengthen the basic photography points covered in our standard basic photography course, allowing you to have a thorough understanding in the essentials of making marvelous pictures.
Contrary to popular belief, creativity is not a talent given to a select few. It is a process and a set of learn-able skills. Creative thinking often starts with different thinking. There are ways you can purposefully open your mind to a new perspective to see if it changes the way you think about and approach composition in photography. Hence in the world of intermediate photography, the power of imagination brings the difference between photographers. Equipment used might be similar, however thoughts on creation of the picture in similar condition by different photographers will bring forth different creative results. Creative expertise is all about combining modern theory with relevant functional abilities.
To create an aspiring picture requires your power of imagination, eye for photography even to the slightest details, continuous practice, your knowledge in camera functions, photography know-how. No amount of words can compete with the power of a creatively taken picture and no photographer can capture a picture without using their imagination.
Our 4 Sessions Intermediate Photography Course will equip you with a great variety of useful photography techniques suitable to be applied at real world situations with full hands on experiences in practical, at some of the most popular photography locations in Singapore.
Upon completing our 4 Sessions Intermediate Photography Course, Urban Exploration, be sure that you will be able to handle most of the different photography situations you might encounter in the near future.
Join the photography course now with Pictorial’s Founder Keith Low on a exclusive photography journey with 4 Sessions Intermediate Photography Course, Urban Exploration at Chinatown, Buddha Tooth Temple, Pulau Ubin Island & Haw Par Villa.
Street/Travel Photography (Practical)
- Develop a street photographer’s eye and learn how to spot a photo opportunity in an everyday street scene
- Learn the technical aspects of street photography; Lens, Camera , Settings, Composition & Exposure
- Learn how manual (zone) focusing can make you more effective as a street photographer
- Using black & white effectively in street style
- Introduction to Blind Shooting
- Understand the elements of creating a great street image
Indoor Photography (Practical)
- Understand the required settings in low light photography
- Choosing the correct metering modes for indoor situation
- Further understanding in White Balance Control
- Choosing the optimal color tone in indoor situation
- Lower aperture vs higher aperture results in indoor
- Balancing harsh lighting using your camera features
- Getting creative leveraging on harsh lighting environment
- Important elements of creating a creative styled black & white picture
- When underexposing a picture is preferred
- Importance of symmetry balancing in indoor situation
Landscape Photography (Practical)
- Foreground, subject & background
- Using High Dynamic Range (HDR)
- Landscape framing understanding
- Color controls in landscape
- Optimal Shutter/Aperture/ISO/WB settings for landscape
- Introduction to ND/ND Grad & Polarisers
Enhanced Composition (Practical)
- Handling camera settings in low light situations
- Foreground Interest and Depth
- Frame Within the Frame
- Patterns and Textures
- Choosing between fill the frame or negative space
- Using the best in-camera metering options for indoor situations
- Leveraging on harsh lighting to produce interesting photography results